• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Nippy November

The Euro Control is on board with something...
1573603200-93VpfDwU4Ik.png

Mean

1573603200-dMmd6QG17wY.png

#24 is the most bullish, definitely takes the cake
1573603200-pQuSeTG8xOE.png
1573603200-ae8llL6aseY.png

The Euro Control is on board with something...
1573603200-93VpfDwU4Ik.png

Mean

1573603200-dMmd6QG17wY.png

#24 is the most bullish, definitely takes the cake
1573603200-pQuSeTG8xOE.png
1573603200-ae8llL6aseY.png
Yeah #24 is a thing of beauty..... remind me again why we're looking for winter weather in November? Lol

1572353437755.png

Yeah #24 is a thing of beauty..... remind me again why we're looking for winter weather in November? Lol

View attachment 25012

Because we haven’t anything better to do and November snow does happen. I had 4.5” of snow on Nov 1st 2014. But then again I have been paying for it ever since. #nomeasurablesince

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because we haven’t anything better to do and November snow does happen. I had 4.5” of snow on Nov 1st 2014. But then again I have been paying for it ever since. #nomeasurablesince

Just don't look at the 6z GFS. It reverts back to the theme of, you guessed it, our repeating pattern of the SE ridge and SW trough, after the the Halloween front until the uber long range, at which point it taunts us with a favorable pattern. I am going all in with that forecast until we break this pattern for good.

Oh yeah I agree.... was just being ornery this morning Lol. In fact I was about to reply to @SoutheastRidge with just what you said, it's really not too crazy to think it could happen, like you said it's happened before. And honestly with the way winters are crapping out early around here maybe we need to hope for a Nov or Dec storm, get it while you can.

View attachment 25012
We've got a nice pattern, through Mid-November through early December. We might as well start talking now because we probably won't mid-winter. as @whatalife mentioned we got nothing better to do. Lol

This is by no means justification for a single ensemble member 300+ hours out, but frozen precipitation is not unheard of, especially as we get into mid-November in central NC. Historical records at RDU are below:

RDU snowfall.PNG

Just don't look at the 6z GFS. It reverts back to the theme of, you guessed it, our repeating pattern of the SE ridge and SW trough, after the the Halloween front until the uber long range, at which point it taunts us with a favorable pattern. I am going all in with that forecast until we break this pattern for good.
Yeah but it's transient so hopefully not the permanent fixture it has been and steps in beating it back as Winter approaches....

We've got a nice pattern, through Mid-November through early December. We might as well start talking now because we probably won't mid-winter. as @whatalife mentioned we got nothing better to do. Lol
Actually the EPS and GEFS both agree things could get interesting in Mid month.... long ways out but it is fun to see this early

FWIW 12z NAM faster with the front than GFS (as it was at 6z)

For the US as a whole: yesterday's 12Z EPS was colder than yesterday's 0Z. And now today's 0Z is even colder than yesterday's 12Z. Also, the GEFS run have generally been trending colder overall. Keeping this all in mind:

From Maxar this morning:

"Today’s 1-15 Day forecast gained +21.5 GWHDDs versus yesterday’s, a majority (+17.6) of which takes place on Days 10-15. These changes are generally in line with large gains within the models, with 0z Ensemble changes of +12.2 (ECMWF) and +14.2 (GFS) versus yesterday’s 0z runs for the current Days 10-14. Though model gains were in step with each other, there remains a large difference between the modeled intensity of cold in the 11-15 Day with the GFS (119.5) yielding 19 more GWHDDs than the Euro (100.5), and our forecast coming in between at 105.3. Our 1-15 Day forecast of 281.4 GWHDDs ranks 7th-coldest for the Oct 29-Nov 12 period since 1950, and would be normal for Nov 9-23. Our 11-15 Day forecast would be closer to normal for Nov 20-24, while the GFS Ensemble projection would be normal for Nov 28-Dec 2."

Makes me wanna stay up after the game lol. I think the house we're staying at is above the city itself so greater chance there

Well be in a cabin the last home game , weekend before turkey day. Knowing my luck itll monsoon all game then flip to flakes as I head down the mtn. Really gonna be tough throwing the ball on this weather. Big advantage to them unfortunately

Chasing those first mountain flurries. Maybe a brief NW enhancement on the backside of this cold front can bring the first flurries of the year. Doubt I see any down here around 2000FT but maybe those higher peaks 3500+ will get a white dusting!

NAMMA_prec_ptype_069.png

Back