• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Nippy November

Down to 40 at the house (39 at KAGS, surprising it wasn't further apart), but it kinda looks like there might have been light frost anyway.

It was steady on and off snow showers most of the game last night. Worse wind I've ever experienced for a ballgame as a fan,coach or player. Bleachers froze up during game and you could see the snow snaking down the road on way out with wind chill in the low teens.

It was steady on and off snow showers most of the game last night. Worse wind I've ever experienced for a ballgame as a fan,coach or player. Bleachers froze up during game and you could see the snow snaking down the road on way out with wind chill in the low teens.
Man that’s awesome ?? ❄️

From Maxar, the GEFS this week for a very rare time ended up not being too cold while the EPS was too warm:

“Model Ranges For Gas-Weighted HDDs
The Euro model has historically been the best performer among guidance, but this was not the case this week. In its 0z Monday run, the Euro EN missed too warm by a significant 7.2 GWHDDs for the Monday to Thursday period. Alternatively, the GFS EN performed well, missing too warm by just 1.0 GWHDDs during that stretch. Only the CAN EN was too cold in its projection earlier this week. The next 15 days are forecast to total 292.3 GWHDDs, which ranks #9 for coldest first half of November among records dating back to 1950. The forecast is on the warm side of the model average, but the spread is significant; 75 GWHDDs separate the coldest and warmest models. The 0z and 6z runs from the GFS EN project a top-5 cold period, while the 0z Euro EN (-12 vs forecast) still ranks inside the top-15.”

I'll be honest, I had a blast last night even though we lost. like @NCSNOW said, drizzle switched to flurries in the late second, and continued for the remainder. Saw plenty of rime ice at the higher elevations this morning, and a trace-.1 of snow around the Grandfather Mtn area. And folks, lemme just say: it. was. cold.

December definitely looks warm, I don’t see a torch but warm nevertheless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah, just kidding. I don't think anybody knows what's going to happen in December much less the rest of the winter. Frankly I'd be fine with torch Nov and Dec and turn cold January. I know it doesn't work like that, but to me it seems unlikely to be completely warm or cold for 4 straight months. Eventually it'll turn. Be nice if it could turn when we need it. Last few years it seems to happen 30 days too late, in March.

For now though I'll settle nicely for a crisp cool fall.

Back