• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Nippy November

It wouldn’t shock me to sneak out a light wintry event in NC this November, especially around NW NC around I-40 where there favored more, gfs looks interesting around That that time aswell at H5, along with the euro and the CMC, and ensembles agree on a nice H5 pattern aswell, in my opinion this is something to watch and it’s not a 240+ hour storm 592106E2-EBC0-4B03-9847-E4FD700E1C65.jpegpositively tilted trough on the GFS, but trough is digging into the GOMDDDD412B-9424-4357-AE85-81A66644E131.jpegnice trough right here aswell, and west coast ridging looking good DE150EC2-A44C-4E93-AD5A-CF12079ABC3C.jpegcmc looks alright aswell. 17F1F6CE-20C9-434C-ACC4-AB61A71F2FA6.jpeg

At best I could see this system producing somebody On this board there first flurries/sleet pellets outside of the mountains, but hey I doubted that setup last April only to see some decent snow/sleet even tho it didn’t stick

At best I could see this system producing somebody On this board there first flurries/sleet pellets outside of the mountains, but hey I doubted that setup last April only to see some decent snow/sleet even tho it didn’t stick

Tennessee and north Alabama had flurries tonight. Saw on Twitter far north Georgia had some but can’t verify.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swear on one of the shots on ESPNU that I saw some flakes flying in Boone?

Edit: My eyes weren't mistaken, I did.

Last edited:
Tennessee and north Alabama had flurries tonight. Saw on Twitter far north Georgia had some but can’t verify.

went on lunch at 7 pm at work and it was spitting melted snow/tiny snow grains. Aka, still rain. Temp right around 40, but probably way colder aloft.

Last edited:
Don't bother looking at 0z GFS, it's essentially, 'back to reality', some moderate cold fronts, but snow is well above the Ohio Valley. And it should be. It's the first half of November. Also, if you don't hit freezing during this current cold spell, you might not hit it until after the 10th.

Fortunately, the GFS pretty much got rid of that "roll-over ridge idea, extending the trough west-east, flooding the country with a mild Pacific flow idea". Much better looking pattern down the line. Looks pretty seasonable through the run, which is nice.

Last edited:
After a latest on record 90 yesterday at KSAV, which is 15 warmer than normal, it got down to 43 this morning, which is 9 colder than normal. Impressive cold front!
RDU tied their record high at 85.... amazing 24 hours of weather and why I love this stuff.

I am now happy !!! Hit 31 at the house this am . Frost everywhere
f33d9821b2468bd45571c0153b1c0101.jpg

Back