• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe New Year's Week Severe Threat(s)

Trying to remember the last time Arkansas has a substantial tornado/ severe threat. Maybe vilionia tornado?

Maybe on day 5. I'f you cross your fingers haha.

And actually tommorow afternoon/ evening it's not out of the question for some bad weather in the southern half of Georgia
I'm gonna say no to Atl. Unless the wedge breaks down which is unlikely this time of year and I've seen nothing that would indicate it. But it's still the south always a chance I guess!

Timing needs to get nailed down for Monday and Tuesdays threat. Tuesdays shear values have become more favorable in Mississippi and Alabama. Seems as if the system has slowed down on modeling.

If timing was perfect missippi and Alabama will get hit hard. Sounding from near the state line of Alabama and Mississippi Tuesday. (Day 5). Large sickle hodographs. Speed shear is on point. 500mb winds are about as good as you'll get for this event not the best though. 2022123100_NAM_084_31.88,-89.25_severe_ml.png2022123100_NAM_084_33.98,-89.65_severe_ml.png

If timing was perfect missippi and Alabama will get hit hard. Sounding from near the state line of Alabama and Mississippi Tuesday. (Day 5). Large sickle hodographs. Speed shear is on point. 500mb winds are about as good as you'll get for this event not the best though. View attachment 129005View attachment 129006
In short if this is mid day with more higher instability better lapse rates. It'll be a long day for weather men. Don't sleep on day 5.

If timing was perfect missippi and Alabama will get hit hard. Sounding from near the state line of Alabama and Mississippi Tuesday. (Day 5). Large sickle hodographs. Speed shear is on point. 500mb winds are about as good as you'll get for this event not the best though. View attachment 129005View attachment 129006
In this circumstance, the more SW winds at 500mb may not be detrimental here with the large broad based trough and most of the forcing to the north. Petty serious winter time look from the NAM.

In this circumstance, the more SW winds at 500mb may not be detrimental here with the large broad based trough and most of the forcing to the north. Petty serious winter time look from the NAM.
Yeah I was looking at that. If timing was midday and models underestimate thermos like they usually do it's a rough day. May end up scooting to more westerlies depending on how things go ?

Back