• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe New Year's Week Severe Threat(s)

My presumption though is the moisture will barely make it into the northern half of Alabama, just by the looks of it, warm front may even become a gulf hugger ?. It'll be interesting to see how this evolves wether it'll be a more significant threat or turn into a slop burger.
I can see places closer to me getting pretty rough here as temps top up to 70s

Your going to have a stream of moisture pumping into the south for a good week it looks like starting near new years eve. The amount of waves is unreal that will be barreling down the pipeline. Screenshot_20221226-164831-402.pngScreenshot_20221226-164901-476.pngScreenshot_20221226-164922-937.pngScreenshot_20221226-164943-376.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick thoughts on the 18z gfs. This weekend looks like mostly a rain even. Except for maybe far far southern areas due to track of surface low. Another system come through mid week. That system could pose a linear threat with the surface low going well to the north. Will be an interesting period. Temperatures moderating, lots of moisture around, and lots of energy and short waves flying around.

Quick thoughts on the 18z gfs. This weekend looks like mostly a rain even. Except for maybe far far southern areas due to track of surface low. Another system come through mid week. That system could pose a linear threat with the surface low going well to the north. Will be an interesting period. Temperatures moderating, lots of moisture around, and lots of energy and short waves flying around.
Weekend system definitely has trouble getting off the coast. It'll be battling some CAD.

This may be a competition to see which shortwave gets it's warm front the furthest off the Gulf lol. Probably have some massive storm totals around the Florida panhandle Alabama coast area.

Yeah rain will be part of it …
With how many short waves coming through, I'd say it'll be fairly busy. Rolling the dice saying it wont when there's so many chances. More so of a question how far north each shortwave pushes the warm front north. Sometimes I think people get there enjoyment out of derailing somebody's thinking and throwing out rebuttals to sound ideas. ? Lol

Back