• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Naughty November

Sugar creek in Charlotte with its highest crest in history. It runs through central city north and south. City is Under water .. water coming in my house
989ecd1457f2f6af7478ff987efb5afe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We can expect multiple Charlotte-area stream gauges to approach or set records with heavy rain expected for at least a few more hours....

Edit: Jacob Fork on the upper Catawba recorded the third highest gauge height since 1962 this morning

Last edited:
It's all running downhill from here, on top of all that is falling down there. I hope you can stay dry.

Yeah after Floyd they really didnt let anyone build back anywhere 20ft can get to unless its off the ground....they are already throwing the flood warnings for the rivers out now....they wont actually crest till Sun/Mon

Probably going to see them revise the crest as well as the rivers are ahead of forecast already in a few spots...

kinn7_hg.png

Taggart Creek in West Charlotte just set a record gauge height. Records only go back to 1999 though.

Irwin Creek near downtown Charlotte likely set a new record high as well, which is a bit more impressive as those records go back to 1982.

Fortunately the heavy rain moving through the city should wrap up by noon-ish

Last edited:
Only 2.98 for me and that's plenty. I feel bad for all you guys flooding today, I've had enough if that. I hope everyone stays safe and there's no major damage!

Looks like I spoke too soon last night. Charlotte got nailed this morning. Some of these photos are just insane. There was a elementary school where 143 people had to be evacuated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here’s the difference
Need a stronger trough in SE Canada/something to squash the ridge, CMC was headed towards a overrunning look, it’s unfortunate because the gefs looks just like the gfs 9444B551-B07E-42F1-95E7-F1D9E8655721.png565E1B0E-5DFB-4D66-BBB1-35F9B537E1E0.png

Back