• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Naughty November

1 person dead and 4 others missing from flooding at the campground in Alexander County. One of the missing is a 1 year old.

An 11 year old has drowned in Rolesville from the flooding.

It saddening to hear such stories. Kids are so unaware, as are many adults, on just how powerful water can be, even a minute amount. Looking back, its by grace that I know Im able to sit here and type. So many fast flowing creeks and rivers we use to go down after a heavy rain, not knowing just a slip of the rock or anything else could've taken us under.

Please people keep a keen eye on the kids and teach them of the dangers of water, whether stationary or moving.

It saddening to hear such stories. Kids are so unaware, as are many adults, on just how powerful water can be, even a minute amount. Looking back, its by grace that I know Im able to sit here and type. So many fast flowing creeks and rivers we use to go down after a heavy rain, not knowing just a slip of the rock or anything else could've taken us under.

Please people keep a keen eye on the kids and teach them of the dangers of water, whether stationary or moving.

Same age as my daughter. So sad.

Back