• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Muddy March 2021

Wow I guess La Niña influence is really starting to do its job, CMC was much warmer this run E004DE0F-A8CA-493B-9A45-041C4BD80B1D.pngEA464AD9-E86C-48DE-AAF7-9F395CDF5FCA.png

It’ll be interesting to see if the EPS follows in this direction. That’s a pretty wild run to run swing for the Euro. Obviously the higher heights over SE Canada are the key. It would be nice to see this hold... it’s been pretty nice driving with the sun roof open the last two days

It’ll be interesting to see if the EPS follows in this direction. That’s a pretty wild run to run swing for the Euro. Obviously the higher heights over SE Canada are the key. It would be nice to see this hold... it’s been pretty nice driving with the sun roof open the last two days
Yeah it’s quite a big difference this run, while some late season snow would be fun, this warmth right now is awesome, even with the type of day I’ve had, it’s put me in a great mood still 44EABB78-F585-4B22-8EDB-25F20091ECBE.png

Euro still building in that pattern interestingly with stronger ridging near Greenland, but a much much warmer run for the edge of the medium range FF872E1B-9B71-4C94-8CF5-5CC278B00A67.png34342DF0-5B14-4507-9C01-81BC254A7B18.png89ABA29E-9F26-4410-9BB5-02B477C14748.png

View attachment 76857
i dont know if this is a warm pattern per say.... look at the -NAO coming back with vengeance ? almost like it’s got something to prove
Yeah but this run is much much warmer in the medium range (not long range) now after hour 210 it has a impressive -NAO building in

That 3/25/1971 gave ATL its latest major winter storm on record, a major ZR right at about 32 (so roads were mainly ok but not above ground objects/trees...32 and rain can cause a lot of damage)!
Except for Chatham Co. NC. We need 25 and rain to ice things up.

I like how the cad looks are all trending warmer. I’m hopeful the Greenland block is a mirage and things trend better in time. After and entire winter of runs that seem to trend worse with time we are finally getting things to trend favorably (well at least for those of us read for warmth).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah but this run is much much warmer in the medium range (not long range) now after hour 210 it has a impressive -NAO building in
I could honestly see things playing out the next couple weeks very similar to what the Euro showed on that run. Quite warm through about 3/3,3/4 timeframe and then a cold push after that. The teleconnections have been hinting at the NAO dipping back negative again around that time and while its still slightly positive, the AO is still not positive enough to cut off cold air coming down. Now while any cold shot coming in after this warm spell is not likely to produce winter weather, the idea can’t be dismissed. The big March winter storms that have affected the Carolinas (1927, 1971, 1983, 1993) were preceded within 3 or 4 days by very mild temperatures.

Back