• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Muddy March 2021

We can't discount March when it comes to winter weather. I mean, if we can get 10 inches at the end of March... aka March 1983. Obviously, the odds are extremely low. But March is a volatile month.
That March 1983 storm is one of the first snows I have vivid memories of. Oddly enough it fell entirely during the daytime.

That March 1983 storm is one of the first snows I have vivid memories of. Oddly enough it fell entirely during the daytime.

I didn't know that if fell during the day time, that's crazy! Wasn't snow reported as far south as Columbia and to the coast? Also, how long did the snow remain on the ground? I am guessing it was melted within a few days.

Remember that one very well, and also March 25th 1971 about 8 to10 inches in the Upstate of SC.

That 3/25/1971 gave ATL its latest major winter storm on record, a major ZR right at about 32 (so roads were mainly ok but not above ground objects/trees...32 and rain can cause a lot of damage)!

Last edited:
Back