• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Miserable March

I spoke too soon clouds did break and temps jumped pretty fast . Looks like high was 81 , was humid too with dews 62/63

Wish we could save that map for July or august
It's only a divergence/departure-from-normal probability map ... we'll see some cooler than normal this summer ... probably when a 'cane decides it wants to do its thing and hide the sun ... posted the map just to get some happy faces given everything else today ... to be totally honest ... ?

NWS RAH going aggressive for Sunday's high. Would be the warmest March day in decades for RDU:

Sunday
Partly sunny, with a high near 89. Southwest wind 6 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.

Hope April is driER!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Statistically from Raleigh south into Florida ( this doesnt hold true for places further west in Georgia and western nc/upstate sc. ) April- May are the driest months and sunniest. I don't know why this is, one explanation is it's still too stable and cool for real convective storms, and too warm for big rain-producing cold fronts. By the time you get to Richmond this no longer holds true with no such april dry period.

Statistically from Raleigh south into Florida ( this doesnt hold true for places further west in Georgia and western nc/upstate sc. ) April- May are the driest months and sunniest. I don't know why this is, one explanation is it's still too stable and cool for real convective storms, and too warm for big rain-producing cold fronts. By the time you get to Richmond this no longer holds true with no such april dry period.

Last May was a example of this, but NC severe weather climo rises sharply in the next few weeks, the past few years we’ve had some big events like that moderate last April for wind

Big question Is when will we have our first significant severe weather threat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back