• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Miserable March

It’s honestly amazing how in just a few days inside one week from verification, we’ve gone from a severe threat to flooding then to dry and now if this upper low keeps ticking slower we’ll trend back north again w/ potential for wintry weather. Did I miss anything? Lol we’ve literally covered all the seasons in next weeks forecast

Idk if this should just go in the whamby thread but wtf GFS
gfs_asnow_seus_52.png

Idk if this should just go in the whamby thread but wtf GFS
gfs_asnow_seus_52.png
Gfs has been hinting at an upper level low type of deal the past couple days and on ensembles ... dynamics are in everyone’s favor outside of mountains but obviously we would have liked to see something like this a few weeks ago .. regardless fun to track

but goes without saying... unlikely

Been noticing the GFS hinting at a very wacky H5 look towards mid March with strong ridging somewhere in the Eastern US and some type of closed system at H5 getting stuck in it, makes sense with how active the southern stream is, GEFS even shows this a little bit

Personally I think they are being a bit ambitious with this weeks rain given the recent model runs at least for Atlanta northward. Latest runs of the Euro and Gfs have around 2 inches maybe a little more north of Atlanta. Think the biggest totals will be central and southern GA. I could be wrong though since there is still some time for a NW trend. Just my two cents.

Personally I think they are being a bit ambitious with this weeks rain given the recent model runs at least for Atlanta northward. Latest runs of the Euro and Gfs have around 2 inches maybe a little more north of Atlanta. Think the biggest totals will be central and southern GA. I could be wrong though since there is still some time for a NW trend. Just my two cents.

And the already flooding Savannah River would only worsen

And the already flooding Savannah River would only worsen
I agree with you. I’m not saying that there won’t be flooding issues; I’m just saying I don’t think places like Atlanta will see 4-6 inches of rain. Right now I would say 2-3 inches given the continuing southern trends. Central GA and Southern Ga will get those 4-6 inches as it stands now, and that will certainly cause some flooding issues. Even farther north in Atlanta 2-3 inches will cause some issues given recent rains.

Back