• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Miserable March

Wow! April is here, surely we're well on our way to summer now!

Just kidding, April fools, instead here's that west based -NAO you've wanted to see all winter long...

View attachment 37724

View attachment 37725

If there's a bright side to this crap, the temperature departures show more bark than bite when accounting for climo, and if anything, the models tend to have a cold bias that far out around this time of year.

I still wonder what’s going to happen in May, another bake fest ?things are so far looking similar to last year, lol

I still wonder what’s going to happen in May, another bake fest ?things are so far looking similar to last year, lol

Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing a ton of rain later this summer but I don't want it to shut off suddenly in August like we did last year, hurricane season may make or break us in that department.

If there's a bright side to this crap, the temperature departures show more bark than bite when accounting for climo, and if anything, the models tend to have a cold bias that far out around this time of year.
Yeah , average highs by that timeframe are up to 70 in much of the viewing region . So it would mean some low 60s , maybe low 50s which would suck. Cold is incredibly pointless this time of year , nothing pleasant about 50 and clouds . March is one of the sunnier months of the year here and so far it has been likely cloudiest month I have ever experienced .

Bit of a forecast bust today with CAD clouds deep into NC, GA, SC. Brad P. doesn’t need to apologize tho because the news is focused on the corona. Just like his winter forecast no shame just hide.

Yes, that is a 1064 mb high over N Canada on the 12Z Euro fwiw as of 8 PM on April 1st: No April Fools joke. Fortunately it doesn't subsequently come down anywhere near here as it mainly just sits up there and slowly weakens. Of course, it may not even be real.

1585247773843.png

Last edited:
Not what many of us would want, but the 12Z EPS fwiw has much of the country BN in early April. Even the SE is much colder than the MA that has dominated there and is near normal here. Hopefully, much of this is from
the cold bias and it won't be that cold:

1585253350873.png

CAD clouds here eroded around 1-2 and it's been sunny and warm since.
49 here at 4:10pm. He did awful for most of NC. But so did the NWS so oh well can wait one more day for the warmer weather.

Actually not as hot here as forecast saw 90 predicted and the high only looks to be about 84

My car is covered in tree crap

Holy wow, the Happy Hour GFS is not happy as it is much colder than any recent runs! Hold onto your plants!

1585260833896.png
1585260997098.png
1585261047513.png
1585261413953.png

Attachments

• 1585260895954.png
    1585260895954.png
    140.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Back