• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Mega March 2023

No biggie, it's the GFS! It'll have a much different look probably at 00z or no later 06z
I have no doubt cold is coming. High amp phase 8 and blocking is a recipe for cold in the east. I have a feeling we will see weakening of heights out west by mid March and a pop of a +PNA by then as well.. 1677463143567.png

I have no doubt cold is coming. High amp phase 8 and blocking is a recipe for cold in the east. I have a feeling we will see weakening of heights out west by mid March and a pop of a +PNA by then as well.. View attachment 133673
I’m not sold on a +PNA yet, but I’m definitely sold on a much weaker SER and mostly BN temps for the 2nd and 3rd weeks of March. The trend to stronger high latitude blocking has been fairly evident and consistent now.

I’m not sold on a +PNA yet, but I’m definitely sold on a much weaker SER and mostly BN temps for the 2nd and 3rd weeks of March. The trend to stronger high latitude blocking has been fairly evident and consistent now.
Definitely seems very possible, too bad we’re out of prime climo by then so we really need a good setup to score. It definitely can happen, but it’s harder than in January-February, or even early March.

Oof I better enjoy the next 10 days or so. That’s an MJO phase 8 look out of the textbook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never deny when you get a high amp phase 8 plus blocking over top.. you’re going to mute the SER and send cold towards the east .. was only a matter of time before models started emphatically showing this. Does this mean snow? No. But if you want snow in March this is just about how you’re going to get it. Continue to watch for weakening heights out west come mid March .. that will only continue the cold pattern. 1677506929716.gif1677507002733.gif

Welcome to high amp phase 8 MJO .. fasten your seatbelts we will be launching back into winter View attachment 133687

Of course it will. This is SE weather standard operating procedure. Warm February, then when it's too late in the season for snow, the pattern becomes cool, just enough to keep you uncomfortably chilly into the season where you wish it would be warm and pleasant. Seems like every year.

Mother nature is the perfect weenie troll, lol.

Wow 2-7degrees below avg. So low 60s down here and yall get mid to low 50s? Wen snowstorm?
Yeah it's going to take a lot more than greens to get any winter weather. We'll have lows in the mid 30s and highs in the low to mid 50s probably. Maybe we get down to freezing for a night or two. Yay

Back