• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Mega March 2023

Yeah it's going to take a lot more than greens to get any winter weather. We'll have lows in the mid 30s and highs in the low to mid 50s probably. Maybe we get down to freezing for a night or two. Yay

I mean this is where we are. Pining for those 45° CAD days. I’d rather take a warm sunny day but we’ve had our share of them (at least warm days). If the cold weenies want a week or 2 of BN temps they deserve it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess no one has actually looked at the eps mean or the plumes. That ---- is cold
Yup not to mention 850s will be cold .. if u get a storm to form in and around that type of air you’re going to find a way to get winter precip on the edge of this airmass .. ex. See euro ensemble noise

I want us to save the cooler than normal weather until June. I don't wanna waste it in March and April !
The problem is we're the southeast. I tell folks moving here that June, July, and August are hot/humid. We usually get very little to no cool breaks. The month of May is another story. It can be cool/beautiful or summer hot.

The problem is we're the southeast. I tell folks moving here that June, July, and August are hot/humid. We usually get very little to no cool breaks. The month of May is another story. It can be cool/beautiful or summer hot.
In my experience, the 1st half of May is usually very pleasant but the 2nd half of May could be hot/humid.

I recall 2013 was a really mild summer. Very few days above 90 in ATL. July 4th was rainy and in the low 70’s.

I recall 2013 was a really mild summer. Very few days above 90 in ATL. July 4th was rainy and in the low 70’s.

The summer of 2013 wasn’t terribly hot temp wise, but it was incredibly humid and wet that whole season

GFS op shows a lot of our cooling will be CAD driven and doesn’t quite suppress the ridge as much as you might want. We get almost a zonal look. Overnight lows stay above freezing which bodes well for the early blooms.

I mean, this isn't too shabby...EPS means in NC look interesting.View attachment 133698

That footprint tells me a winter comeback is in play for the northeast and into West Virginia (I think snowshoe may have done ok this winter...) for sure.

And maybe a threat for the NC mountains. Other than that, it's noise, imo for mby.

I'd need some barney purple departures over the Carolinas to make me think there's a chance for a legit threat. And being around so long, I know how this goes.

Back