• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern May: gateway to everyone's favorite season

Probably one of the shortest discussions I've ever seen (certainly the shortest long tern discussion), lol...

FXUS62 KFFC 181820
AFDFFC

Area Forecast Discussion
National Weather Service Peachtree City GA
220 PM EDT Sat May 18 2019

.SHORT TERM /Tonight through Sunday Night/...
The upper ridge of high pressure will shift to our east putting the
CWA back in a southwest flow. A weak short wave is progged on all
models to move into the Tennessee Valley late Sunday afternoon and
Sunday night. This will bring scattered showers/tstorms to north and
west-central Georgia Sunday evening and into Sunday night.
Instability is not that impressive with MUCAPES of 400 or less but
still enough to keep the mention of thunder going through Sunday
night.

.LONG TERM /Monday through Saturday/...
Only tweaks to the long term based on the latest guidance.

Couple storms on radar...sea breeze flying inland. Maybe we eek something out

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hope so! No kidding this is a terrible pattern. The 12z euro may have been worse than any run all winter

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
This is slightly too hot for me...by at least 20 degrees.

I got maybe a hundred drops of rain this evening. I’ll count that as a win in this crap loaded pattern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winter hell; try the last 12 months solid ... :mad:

However, the warmest and most humid days in winter are usually much better than the best day in summer from a comfy standpoint. Even the worst days in winter are quite tolerable and are often conducive to outdoor activities.

Meanwhile, the models still say the ridiculous heat is coming.

Last edited:
Had some decent wind around 2pm today several trees down in the city from what i read(I'm in a suburb NE of Dallas) storms seemed to be strengthening as they came in and kind of surprised me since they had been pretty unimpressive through most of the metro to the west

Saw this at work where I've been since

20190518-193042.jpg

Last edited:
However, the warmest and most humid days in winter are usually much better than the best day in summer from a comfy standpoint. Even the worst days in winter are quite tolerable and are often conducive to outdoor activities.

Besides, we're getting used to the warm anomalies taking aim at the southeast. It's going to be that way the rest of our lives.

Sun angle definitely makes a difference.

To your point, 90*F/70*F in Atlanta feels so much hotter than 90*F/70*F in Detroit, because of the latitude.

It will be kind of nice to have a break in the heat. Highs in the 60s Mon and Tues with lows in the 40s/50s. Then the heat returns again midweek.

It will be kind of nice to have a break in the heat. Highs in the 60s Mon and Tues with lows in the 40s/50s. Then the heat returns again midweek.
Wish we could have that over here. Humid already this morning and can't be outside longer than 5 minutes before breaking out in a sweat.

Back