• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern May: gateway to everyone's favorite season

Needless to say, there's some disagreement about the heat wave and death ridge beyond Memorial Day, though I'd bet money the GFS gets it right...

f240 (1).gif

f240.gif

What will also be interesting to see is if Atlanta records a 80*F+ low during this period.

91/68, feels nice outside, pools around the area is finally reaching 74-80 degrees

Well, 12Z GFS finally loses my 100's, and here's praying it's a trend, here and region-wide ... :cool:

On the other hand, it did take a step in the direction of the 00z EURO as far as maintaining the heat ridge through the week of 5/26 to 5/31.

For whatever reason, the GDPS died-ed at 222hr, but it also trended in the direction of the 00z EURO big time.

On the other hand, it did take a step in the direction of the 00z EURO as far as maintaining the heat ridge through the week of 5/26 to 5/31.

For whatever reason, the GDPS died-ed at 222hr, but it also trended in the direction of the 00z EURO big time.
I know, but just a little hope and prayer ... :oops:

This threat doesn't concern really anyone on this board, but not surprisingly the SPC went w/ a rare MDT day 3 risk in western OK and northern Texas for Monday. When you have the polar jet displaced all the way down into the southwestern US combined w/ a momentum boost from El Nino and this western hemisphere MJO event, plus a late spring-early summer boundary layer in the southern plains, the basic and rare recipe is there for a very prolific severe weather &/or violent tornado outbreak.

Back