• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

May be?

GFS trended even colder for rest of May. Cold bias issues withstanding it looks like garbage. Memorial day looks chilly . March 1 kinda crap.
@GaWx if you get the chance could you post some of those maps that show the bias of the models ?

GFS trended even colder for rest of May. Cold bias issues withstanding it looks like garbage. Memorial day looks chilly . March 1 kinda crap.
@GaWx if you get the chance could you post some of those maps that show the bias of the models ?
Fear not! For the above normal temperatures will return just in time for December! :rolleyes:

I'll need to check this on my PWS, but I seriously feel like i've seen more time in the 30's this May than I have in the 70's for MBY.

I don’t know about you guys but I’d be fine with a below average summer, We haven’t had one in a while.
Thank you!!! I mean, we always have pretty hot summers and very high humidity. Couple years ago we had a fairly ok "coolish" summer and winter turned out great with 3 snow events for me. If we get a below average summer for at least half of it than bring it

58 right now and breezy. These are late february averages . Record lowest high for today is 58 average is 80. High was in early morning though so record will stand.

Won’t be long before mr death ridge (wartime ridge ?) sets up and the ring of fire sets up and northern plains magic as reed timmer likes to call it becomes consistent, peep that 200mb anticyclonic flow near the Yucatán to which is favorable for TC development A3E91A5D-083D-45F7-99ED-8D9D2A974900.png6CAB5C5A-7854-4601-9941-5DA132E45630.png

Won’t be long before mr death ridge (wartime ridge ?) sets up and the ring of fire sets up and northern plains magic as reed timmer likes to call it becomes consistent, peep that 200mb anticyclonic flow near the Yucatán to which is favorable for TC development View attachment 41758View attachment 41759
Keep hearing that...been going on about 6 weeks now. Hot death ridges right around the corner, cold biases, and all that. But...at some point we will have to pay the piper. So eventually, the ridge will be real. Not looking forward to that day.

Keep hearing that...been going on about 6 weeks now. Hot death ridges right around the corner, cold biases, and all that. But...at some point we will have to pay the piper. So eventually, the ridge will be real. Not looking forward to that day.
This week into the weekend had decent potential to get fairly warm. Reminds me of winter where warm always finds a way

Yep, can’t avoid summer for ever, and plus
the SW US death ridge normally appears around June

46 This morning, and a high of 52. Not projected to see to see 60 again till Friday morning. I'd love to see some Climatology on this? Does anyone have a link where i can find the record low maximum for this time of year?

Back