• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

May 2021 Discussion Thread

Finished May highs from 1949-2020, I will work on lows tomorrow
0.01​
40s
50s
3.26​
60s
10.57​
70s
13.83​
80s
2.22​
90s

So almost one day in the 50s every other year, I'd say that today isn't as unusual as some might think.

So almost one day in the 50s every other year, I'd say that today isn't as unusual as some might think.
Not surprising given the mean lowest max is 62. Being a few degrees on the lower side of that will happen like today’s 57. Now what is abnormal...... is today’s mid day temps . If those were the highs we would have broke the all time may lowest high.

Not surprising given the mean lowest max is 62. Being a few degrees on the lower side of that will happen like today’s 57. Now what is abnormal...... is today’s mid day temps . If those were the highs we would have broke the all time may lowest high.

Yeah hit my high temp at 6am and was on a downward fall the entire day hitting my lowest at 4pm at 48 degrees. Crazy to COOL during the day in May. That's what makes this one a bit different.

Bottomed out at 36.0, too close for comfort and I'll say this one more time..... maybe this is the last one morning this cold
38 rn at RDU while mid 40s at clt and gso. And y’all say RDU is bad because uhi ! Nah that place is radiates pretty god dang good , too dang good! I’m pretty impressed 2 back to back mays with cold highs and lows. We due warmth now .

Also what UHI? Temp at RDU and dew are the exact same right now .

Last edited:
Got down to 39 at the house. On May 13. Nice!
Upper 30s low 40s I'm good with but flirting with frost this late is just aggravating. Cover garden, don't cover, if you do you better be available to remove the cover as soon as sun comes up, if you don't and temp drops more than expected start over....its middle May, garden should be able to fully thrive without that headache now.

Back