• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

May 2021 Discussion Thread

It’s mid May, averages are between 78-82 for most, this is the equivalent of seeing 105+ in May
We shouldn’t be having weather like this right now
Upward variability in the warm season is not as great as downward variability . Otherwise we would have 115 degree record highs lol. I’d say it’s perhaps more so the equivalent of a 100 degree high.

Yeah, 40's in Mid-May are a bit of a stretch but we have had wedges in mid June that have kept us in the low 60's. I know still not the same, but it just proves... never underestimate the power of the wedge. Unless it's winter- because we fail at winter wedges. ?
In all honesty, the last CAD that I can remember that had afternoon temperatures this far below average for me was the February 12-13, 2014 Winter Storm. I was in the mid 20s for the afternoon on the 12th with heavy snow that changed to sleet and then temperatures started slowly rising late that night... that had me about 30 degrees below average. My temperature right now is 49 which is 31 degrees below today’s average high.

Yeah sorry for May I edited my post, multi-tasking not good. I went to NCEI
Awesome ! Nah it was obviously may by the breakdown of highs . No other month could have that! Assuming 91-20 or full por? Also amazing how almost half the month is in the 80s which matches the monthly avg high. I suspect most months will follow that outside of JJA where almost all the days will be right around the average . Especially July I think . Think only 5-8 days in July are less than 90 and then like 1 day under 80 with a mean lowest max of 79. Excited to see the rest!

Awesome ! Nah it was obviously may by the breakdown of highs . No other month could have that! Assuming 91-20 or full por? Also amazing how almost half the month is in the 80s which matches the monthly avg high. I suspect most months will follow that outside of JJA where almost all the days will be right around the average . Especially July I think . Think only 5-8 days in July are less than 90 and then like 1 day under 80 with a mean lowest max of 79. Excited to see the rest!
Finished May highs from 1949-2020, I will work on lows tomorrow
0.01​
40s
0.44​
50s
3.26​
60s
10.57​
70s
13.83​
80s
2.22​
90s

Watching the April 27th 2011, 10 year anniversary recap by James spann cause it came on my YouTube recommendations. It gives me chills everytime watching videos of those tornadoes. I hope I don't see anything like this in my lifetime again. But history repeats itself another 20ish 30ish years and will see a generational event again. What gets me is just how violent the morning QCLS was. Still thinking the tornado that went through north of birmingham could've been rated a ef5 From things I've read.

Back