• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

May 2021 Discussion Thread

RDU hit 37 for a low last night, ANNIHILATING the old record of 40! Tomorrow morning’s record low is 39, so we’ve got another chance to, as well! We also broke the record low max temp yesterday.

GSO, meanwhile, only got down to 43! RDU FTW! Wintry capital of the Southeast!!!

Is this the latest you've seen 30s ?
RDU reached 38 degrees on June 8, 1977. But the majority of record lows from here until the end of the month are in the 40s, and the latest RDU recorded a sub freezing low was May 10, 1977. No record low from here on out is below 35.

Already had 2 employees call out today because of no gas. Yet on gas buddy I can see a few stations around their house with gas? #IAINTADUMBBOSS
Hire me I’m reliable ! I was back at work 5 days after surgery . People out here shocked at how hard and quick I’m bouncing back after everything .

View attachment 83824
June highs, interesting that 60s are more likely than 100s
Mean lowest June max is 73 while mean highest is probably like 96 . Makes sense . There’s more downwards variability in summer than upwards . Difference is .07 however so not really much more likely than the other .

Last edited:
Mean lowest June max is 73 while mean highest is probably like 96 . Makes sense . There’s more downwards variability in summer than upwards . Difference is .07 however so not really much more likely than the other .
Yeah really not much different. We are probably due for the 100 in June tbh

Back