• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

March 2024 Discussion

Yes it’s the 384 hour GFS, but still interesting to see a subtropical storm with the pressure of a strong category 2 hurricane off the Mid-Atlantic coast. This forms east of the Bahamas on the tail end of a front and heads north before turning back west in the last two frames thanks to that blocking high to the north. A path very similar to Sandy. The GFS has been trying to do this in the first 10 days of March for a few days now.IMG_4366.jpeg

Yes it’s the 384 hour GFS, but still interesting to see a subtropical storm with the pressure of a strong category 2 hurricane off the Mid-Atlantic coast. This forms east of the Bahamas on the tail end of a front and heads north before turning back west in the last two frames thanks to that blocking high to the north. A path very similar to Sandy. The GFS has been trying to do this in the first 10 days of March for a few days now.View attachment 146861

Did that a lot last year too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 146807
Here is my pitch to everyone here that you should move to Blacksburg, VA. Above is the average temperatures in the summer months. Warm but not too hot with cool mornings. On top of that we average 2 feet of snow and even in crappy winters you can get accumulating snow (3.5 this winter). Best thing is that you don't have to go that far north from SC and NC to get there.
GOD no. There are enough people moving up here as it is.

The smell far outweighs the beauty. That's the most disgusting drive I've ever been on.

You must have went during an algae surge or something because I've done it several times and all I could smell was the ocean. Just miles and miles of the clearest ocean water in the US. It's one of my favorite drives in America up there with crossing the Rockies and the PCH.

Hard to believe 20 years ago tonight, Eric Thomas came on the 11pm newscast and forecasted the CLT Metro area to get 7-10” of snow in the next 36 hours. Even harder to believe when he gave the forecast, he said absolutely that if his call busted it would be because his numbers were too low.

Well, putting this winter to bed. At least we've answered the El Nino debate. Doesn't help get us cold anymore, even in February. Anyway, I grade it an F. The only thing keeping from a F minus is that it never felt really torchy. Chilly all winter which I appreciated. But true cold and winter weather wise there was never really a threat. Not sure I can take 3 winters in a row of this. May be time to hang up the cleats if we get another one. Crazy.

Wedge severely underdone. Quit sleeping on this one🥶😮‍💨View attachment 146894
df1aff8395678d11b99b575f0e3b19d5.gif

Well, putting this winter to bed. At least we've answered the El Nino debate. Doesn't help get us cold anymore, even in February. Anyway, I grade it an F. The only thing keeping from a F minus is that it never felt really torchy. Chilly all winter which I appreciated. But true cold and winter weather wise there was never really a threat. Not sure I can take 3 winters in a row of this. May be time to hang up the cleats if we get another one. Crazy.
You're going to get another warm winter overall next year for sure! No way around that. December sucks every year now. La Niña is supposed to be front loaded. If that was the case though December would have been our glory month for the past decade since Nina is about all we can get now. But nope. But you can take it to the bank La Nina will follow climo in February next year. Go ahead and mark it down as a torch. Not like El Nino has saved February either. The last 2 have been torches in Feb too. So it's safe to say December and February are doomed regardless. All we have left is January. Will next Jan be below normal and give a winter storm? Who knows but it's almost like it's no point in even looking for winter until the last week in Dec. Then you can turn the lights off at the end of Jan if nothing has happened.

Back