• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

March 2024 Discussion

I’ll be down that way in late April. Going to Key west for a few days. Can’t wait!! That whole drive from Miami through the Keys is beautiful!
Late April/early May generally has great beach weather here. Mostly highs in the low 80’s and sunny.

Only 6 months till Met Fall arrives. 9 till Met winter. Days start getting shorter in about 112 days.

Hard to beleive but the sun angle right now is what it is last week of October. Day was shorter when you where passing out that Halloween candy. The 6 months of good weather has just about passed us by. Joy.....
am i the only one who enjoys summer for what it is lmao

June I like but July/Aug are the 2 most miserable months of our weather. But to be fair...the other 10 months of the year are really good, even in winters like this.
I really don’t care for July although I enjoy the 4th of July holiday. The rest of the month is rather boring unless there’s a nice thunderstorm. At least in August the tropics are usually more active.

June I like but July/Aug are the 2 most miserable months of our weather. But to be fair...the other 10 months of the year are really good, even in winters like this.
Yeah… I really enjoy June and July myself because I enjoy the beach and swimming weather… when we’re supposed to have it. In August though, I’m normally ready for that first good cool front to come through and knock the dewpoints down some.

The older I get the less I can tolerate the heat. If it weren't for the stuffiness, the overbearing humidity, the constant sweating, the endless bugs, the allergies, the weeds, the vines, the stretching of all this earlier and later in the year, and inability for even nights to cool off I wouldn't mind the summer! Honestly if I could, I would just put Sept -March weather on repeat. Sept is plenty of heat for me and I know it's on the way out and the days are getting shorter.

Summer in the south is garbage unless you're sitting on a beach with a sea breeze. When mid 80's with dews in the mid 60's are considered relief or a "cooler" summer, you know it's trash. Perfect summer weather if possible is 65-70 around here with no humidity and 75-80 in you're on the beach.

The older I get the less I can tolerate the heat. If it weren't for the stuffiness, the overbearing humidity, the constant sweating, the endless bugs, the allergies, the weeds, the vines, the stretching of all this earlier and later in the year, and inability for even nights to cool off I wouldn't mind the summer! Honestly if I could, I would just put Sept -March weather on repeat. Sept is plenty of heat for me and I know it's on the way out and the days are getting shorter.
Oh please. Summers in Easley are much nicer than Columbia.

Back