• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

March 2024 Discussion

Lol at much nicer. Just because the upstate is in the low 90's with the same humidity vs being in the mid to upper 90's doesn't make it nicer. 90 degree weather is trash on any spectrum
90 isnt bad if the humidity is tolerable.

90 isnt bad if the humidity is tolerable.
It is humid nearly the entire summer here. We might be able to sneak a few days during the 5 month stretch of lower dews if we can get some east coast troughs or CAD from time to time but 95% of the summer is DP's between upper 60's to mid 70's.

Oh please. Summers in Easley are much nicer than Columbia.
That is true, Columbia is unbearable in my book. Easley isn't bad by South Carolina standards, but is is still way too hot and humid for me. You really need to be above 3000ft to have a tolerable summer around here, and even then there's still too much humidity and bugs, but at least you can get some 50s at night. Columbia towards the coast is a different level though.

I definitely agree with this. My wife and I went on a trip to Vegas a few years ago and when we walked out of the airport it was 93 degrees and actually felt pleasant. It helps that the dewpoint was in the 30s
I always hear people say this but I have been in the West many times in the summer and anything over 90 or 95 is still miserable. Many places out there are well over 100 and that is just miserable to me. I'll actually take 88-92 and humid over 100 -115 everyday.

I always hear people say this but I have been in the West many times in the summer and anything over 90 or 95 is still miserable. Many places out there are well over 100 and that is just miserable to me. I'll actually take 88-92 and humid over 100 -115 everyday.
When we went it was in late October so the sun angle is not nearly as high in the summer. I’ve never been there in June or July but o can imagine that 115 under a high sun beating down on you is going to be miserable even without humidity.

The older I get the less I can tolerate the heat. If it weren't for the stuffiness, the overbearing humidity, the constant sweating, the endless bugs, the allergies, the weeds, the vines, the stretching of all this earlier and later in the year, and inability for even nights to cool off I wouldn't mind the summer! Honestly if I could, I would just put Sept -March weather on repeat. Sept is plenty of heat for me and I know it's on the way out and the days are getting shorter.
I used to ride dirt bikes a LOT when I was younger. I could ride for hours in 95 degree heat and not think about it. I'd have a heat stroke if I tried today.

Some of you guys might need to look into moving
1708541748311.png
Here is my pitch to everyone here that you should move to Blacksburg, VA. Above is the average temperatures in the summer months. Warm but not too hot with cool mornings. On top of that we average 2 feet of snow and even in crappy winters you can get accumulating snow (3.5 this winter). Best thing is that you don't have to go that far north from SC and NC to get there.

Trust me, Im not someone who wants to live somewhere I need an Igloo year round but dang, would like a few cold snaps to like -5 and a few decent snows for an avg of that 12-16" per season range. Then be warm enough to get drunk doing yard work and fall over in the pool but not so Hot I HAVE to go to the pool to stay alive.

Lmao I kind of did already... Living in Tulsa I mean I know our summers can still be ugly but like even as bad as the last two winters have been its still snowed a couple times

Also the Arctic cold is no joke I don't really think I want to live where it's much colder just because it does get old when it's not snowing to me

am i the only one who enjoys summer for what it is lmao
In the south east it’s months of humidity, bugs and sweating. Some like summer but most here like winter better I’d think. I love the cold for some reason even without snow. Fall is literally my favorite because I know I’ve got months of no sweating and no bugs and hopefully some snow!

Summer in the south is garbage unless you're sitting on a beach with a sea breeze. When mid 80's with dews in the mid 60's are considered relief or a "cooler" summer, you know it's trash. Perfect summer weather if possible is 65-70 around here with no humidity and 75-80 in you're on the beach.
Basically San Diego! They have 4 different climates all within a few hours of each other. You can go surfing, then snow boarding in the mountains and finally go east to the desert and ride motorcycles in the sand dunes to finish the day off.

Lmao I kind of did already... Living in Tulsa I mean I know our summers can still be ugly but like even as bad as the last two winters have been its still snowed a couple times

Also the Arctic cold is no joke I don't really think I want to live where it's much colder just because it does get old when it's not snowing to me
Cleveland is the place. It snows a good amount but melts as they do get warm ups throughout the winter. It’s cold but nothing like Chicago , Iowa or Minnesota

In the south east it’s months of humidity, bugs and sweating. Some like summer but most here like winter better I’d think. I love the cold for some reason even without snow. Fall is literally my favorite because I know I’ve got months of no sweating and no bugs and hopefully some snow!
Cold is fine but I don't like cold and wind. I like cold with calm winds.

Am I the only one who wants to spend just one winter in Buffalo to be guaranteed snow and lake effect? In NC we can have cool winters, mild winters, warm winters and occasionally a cold winter but summer is only hot summer, hotter summer, oppressive summer, and God I am going to melt summer

Cold is fine but I don't like cold and wind. I like cold with calm winds.

Yup even here in Colorado the last few days it was all about the wind. We had a moment at the national park where one second it was like the January cold(I mean it was absolutely horrible) and the next it wasn't even cold at all because of the wind

Last edited:
Back