• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

March 18-19th Possible Severe Wx Outbreak

Brad P gave an excellent synopsis regarding tomorrow in his VBLOG. Definitely worth the watch. He seems to be pretty bullish too in regards to severe weather here. He even mentioned the possible of some rotating storms when the warm front lifts north in the morning.

I started a new thread for today only. I will update the thread title for this specific thread to tomorrow and friday
A lot easier to keep it all in one thread instead of having to go back between two different threads for the same system. Is it really that hard to read everything in one thread?

Brett Adair is one of the most knowledgeable severe weather experts around. He isn’t some hype forecaster for clicks. He wouldn’t be saying that unless he meant it. I don’t see it as being irresponsible, he’s saying what he thinks.

No one is questioning his knowledge. To say the comment he said with certainty is foolish . No one knows what will happen . There have been a lot of bad tornadoes in Alabama since 2011 .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot easier to keep it all in one thread instead of having to go back between two different threads for the same system. Is it really that hard to read everything in one thread?
Yes. If I’m focused on today I don’t want to be reading about the Carolinas. Two threads were definitely needed.

I doubt people in Al/Ms/Tn care what Mike maze or brad P have to say about NC. Just like I doubt people in NC who are coming here for a NC update care about Al.

Hrrr slowed down the QLCS towards the end of its run vs last run

Sure but does it really matter if its enhanced or moderate if theres 4 to 5 discrete supercells recycling as they cross the state it's still a bad bad day.

We just have to watch the model trends.
That would still be considered moderate IMO ... supercells are big and cover a large area .. if h get four of five scraping along and redeveloping I would say you would have widespread severe weather (i.e someone getting hail/damaging winds/ and someone getting a tornado) if there’s only one or two then enhanced seems likely

Brett Adair is one of the most knowledgeable severe weather experts around. He isn’t some hype forecaster for clicks. He wouldn’t be saying that unless he meant it. I don’t see it as being irresponsible, he’s saying what he thinks.

Yep, Brett is the real deal. I had the chance to convoy chase with him back before he did this for a living. He also spent time remotely helping me and my son, when we drove from Atlanta to the Miss delta to chase a high impact day.

I doubt people in Al/Ms/Tn care what Mike maze or brad P have to say about NC. Just like I doubt people in NC who are coming here for a NC update care about Al.
Honestly when it comes to severe weather (not winter weather I’ll be pissed if anywhere other than Raleigh NC sees snow lol) I want to stay informed about everyone effected and whats going on especially during a severe outbreak like this one ... I like seeing all the posts mixed but I have no issue going back and forth .. I mean if u don’t wanna look at something .. simply scroll past it lol

Just to clarify, any Georgia info should be posted here?
Seems like on all maps there’s a gap in nort central Georgia, is the line supposed to weaken as it gets here tonight and restrengthen later in the day Thursday in far eastern ga/sc?

Someone needs to do something about these folks. So not necessary.

Seems like on all maps there’s a gap in nort central Georgia, is the line supposed to weaken as it gets here tonight and restrengthen later in the day Thursday in far eastern ga/sc?
That happens often as we all know but I just heard TWC say we can expect winds up to 75mph in the moderate area in west central Georgia.

Honestly when it comes to severe weather (not winter weather I’ll be pissed if anywhere other than Raleigh NC sees snow lol) I want to stay informed about everyone effected and whats going on especially during a severe outbreak like this one ... I like seeing all the posts mixed but I have no issue going back and forth .. I mean if u don’t wanna look at something .. simply scroll past it lol

Same here. The back and forth and having a separate obs thread is just silly.

Perhaps but looks like Western counties won't be the wall this time it will be further east into Cobb county etc perhaps so gonna be bumpy for the border counties.

Back