• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

March 18-19th Possible Severe Wx Outbreak

Starting out with some fog here this morning. Seems the wedge won't break until the main line approaches, which will be our higher risk here. However that does put us here at risk from what I can tell. Going to be a long day for MS and AL.

The NAM points a nasty picture for the Carolina's tomorrow while the HRRR is on a whole other planet. But given how the NAM has been handling today, over the last few days, I am going to give it the upper hand. I think the border counties along the NC/SC borders- including CLT to about the Triangle and east really need to watch this system. The only good thing going for us is this won't be an overnight event. But that could make things that much worse too.

At the risk of being "that guy," is it possible to focus this thread on TODAY? We have ongoing SVR on a HIGH risk day, yet there will be comments saying, "what's it going to do in Raleigh tomorrow" as a rare wx threat unfolds. Stay safe today guys... let your weather un-aware people know what's going on!

At the risk of being "that guy," is it possible to focus this thread on TODAY? We have ongoing SVR on a HIGH risk day, yet there will be comments saying, "what's it going to do in Raleigh tomorrow" as a rare wx threat unfolds. Stay safe today guys... let your weather un-aware people know what's going on!
Yes! Let’s try to keep things in the nowcast category if you don’t mind. Especially in the high risk area.

I’m may end up wrong, but this is just a guess. The best chance at a violent tornado will occur between Jackson and Hattiesburg.
Tornado climatology?? If there is such a thing... for their sake I hope so.

The thread is for the 16th-19th. No reason we cannot discuss both days...

This is a weather board after all.

Back