• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

March 18-19th Possible Severe Wx Outbreak

I've seen very few models indicating supercellular development pre-QLCS in MS as they do in AL. What is the actual storm mode expectation for MS? Broken line of supes?

I read somewhere else the most recent models are showing some stronger 'capping' in place but still may not be enough to hold the storms back. I'm not very good at reading hodos is anyone else seeing this and what are your thoughts?

I read somewhere else the most recent models are showing some 'capping' in place but may not be enough to hold the storms back. I'm not very good at reading hodos is anyone else seeing this and what are your thoughts?
I'd almost think more capping might be bad in this scenario honestly. Leads to more "loaded guns" and explosive storm initiation

Just hoping it stays cloudy here most of the day tomorrow so we don't get the clearing we usually need for big storms. It doesn't look good on the models, though. Have to hope they are off, or it's more of an isolated event and we get lucky and misses most folks.

HRRR UH swaths
HRRRSE_con_uphlysw_034.png

Back