• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

March 18-19th Possible Severe Wx Outbreak

Looks like the timing of cell initiation on the first round is key. If it is earlier in the day when low level helicity is on the lower side, the main threat by far will be hail. However if it is later, those cells in east AL/GA could be prolific tornado producers.
Dude.. my neighborhood... give me some city locations or a hrrr map.. I’m in charge of kids tomorrow at school... we didn’t cancel in Troup co GA

Where exactly are cells supposed to be earlier in the day on wed in AL/GA? i havent really heard anything about that until you just spoke of it, every local met ive watched hasnt mentioned anything but rain showers until late wed night into the early am thursday when the main stuff rolls in

area averaged sounding across NC on the HRRR, plenty of low level shear with classic bullet hodograph shapes as cameron nixon calls them 1615946620238.png

That stuff that gets going in the early to mid afternoon on the NAMs tomorrow in eastern MS west Al goodness. May end up with 1 or 2 dominant cells rolling around at that time

Dude.. my neighborhood... give me some city locations or a hrrr map.. I’m in charge of kids tomorrow at school... we didn’t cancel in Troup co GA

Unfortunately our area. The WRFs and HRRR has the best combination of shear/cape/helicity along with cell initiation across the east central AL/west central GA area in the first round.

Back