• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

March 18-19th Possible Severe Wx Outbreak

I don’t think it’s widespread enough to warrant issuing a moderate ... I can see an enhanced with an expanded SIG SEV dashed area .. with a mention of possible upgrading of future runs hold same trends
Yeah and some CAMs just have a QLCS and don’t look as scary as NAMs

Thursday looking interesting here. CJ has us in the high risk category. Looking forward to hearing some rumbles.

Like clockwork I tell you.... Doesn’t matter the setup. Also The ARW makes the first round across AL, the round to worry about.

Attachments

• 0F7FAAA8-4800-44F8-9AD4-DA9A05045BAA.jpeg
    0F7FAAA8-4800-44F8-9AD4-DA9A05045BAA.jpeg
    396.6 KB · Views: 108
Recent 3KM NAM not so good looking if you're rooting against severe around the Midlands, that's for sure.

Is it me or is the hrrr gradually looking more ominous, keeps on consistently showing rotating storms in central AL tomorrow afternoon

Over what ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This right here. Base 0-1km SRH is only around 150-200 during the first wave(discrete supercells). While I know these numbers are good enough for a tornado threat, I’ve had my tail burned way too many times expecting something big with numbers like this.

Note: I’m referring to the first wave because it looks like it may be a greater threat to my area, not the second.

Attachments

• FE4162D4-1CE7-4FD0-B6E9-82ADC3388889.png
    FE4162D4-1CE7-4FD0-B6E9-82ADC3388889.png
    501.5 KB · Views: 52
Wouldn't even be surprised to see the high risk expanded. Synoptic setup looks okay, I think.

STRONG WORDING FROM SPC

Of particular interest is the boundary-layer moisture that is now
present along the Gulf Coast where lower 70s surface dew points are
observed. This air mass will advance north during the day and
diurnal heating will allow moderate instability to develop along a
corridor from southern LA through central MS into western AL where
SBCAPE should be on the order of 2500 J/kg. While the primary 500mb
speed max will likely maintain convection along the surging Pacific
front over southeast TX, an uncapped, buoyant air mass downstream
over MS/AL should prove favorable for discrete supercell development
ahead of the primary short wave. Forecast soundings across the HIGH
Risk exhibit profiles favorable for strong, long-track tornadoes,