• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

March 18-19th Possible Severe Wx Outbreak

If I do chase I’m eyeing eastern Harnett county and 4 oaks area of Joco. 4 oaks is where Webber’s friend 1300 lives .

If that's what he said then that's a really stupid decision on his part, especially given what some modeling is showing. Brad P. may get a lot of criticism, especially when it comes to winter wx and being overly conservative at times, but he doesn't mess around when it comes to severe weather. As no met should. It's during these times I am thankful to be in the CLT market. Brad does an excellent job covering severe weather events. Not trying to diss WRAL and the mets, but come on.

For the record, this is what he said within the hour: (from this link: WRAL Mike Maze - Home | Facebook )

"We are watching for strong to severe storms in the afternoon and evening on Thursday with the time frame right now from 2PM through 8PM. We expect a broken line with damaging winds, a few tornadoes being possible and hail. @WRALWeather "

This doesn't at all sound like he's downplaying anything and sounds like a perfectly reasonable forecast to me. Hopefully it won't end up being bad.

Has the timeline for severe weather been moved up for tomorrow ? I'm noticing a lot of school closing Birmingham eastward but I was thinking it wouldnt be until after 5pm before they were under the gun.

For the record, this is what he said within the hour: (from this link: WRAL Mike Maze - Home | Facebook )

"We are watching for strong to severe storms in the afternoon and evening on Thursday with the time frame right now from 2PM through 8PM. We expect a broken line with damaging winds, a few tornadoes being possible and hail. @WRALWeather "

This doesn't at all sound like he's downplaying anything and sounds like a perfectly reasonable forecast to me. Hopefully it won't end up being bad.

Well, thank you for rectifying that. That was not was originally stated before.

Has the timeline for severe weather been moved up for tomorrow ? I'm noticing a lot of school closing Birmingham eastward but I was thinking it wouldnt be until after 5pm before they were under the gun.
I think It is because of the uncertainty of how severe the afternoon round of storms will be. Error on the side of caution kind of thing.

Impressive supercell south of Jackson MSB0154507-CD27-4964-A83D-7A2175A5636A.png3399C43B-AF52-4B9D-8F30-2747565FED74.pngedit now severe warned

Back