• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

March 18-19th Possible Severe Wx Outbreak

That area averaged sounding over NC/SC isn’t pretty, really a matter of how quick we move the front or lag it back 1C404E3E-AD0D-4C18-9C38-818211A6A7B9.jpeg

It's possible some parts of NC and SC get to moderate if this 2nd round keeps showing up. If not, the enhanced will cover it.

I wouldn't dismiss that as a possibility. Given how what the NAM is showing. When was the last time we even had a moderate risk around these parts? It's been a while.

⚠️The risk for significant severe weather will increase from west to east Wednesday night into Thursday, with tornadoes, damaging wind gusts, and heavy rainfall all expected to be threats with these storms.
? NOW is the time to review your safety plan and know the safest place you can go if warnings are issued for your area! #WeatherReady #gawx

1615931190065.png

April 2019

Actually,
⚠ A State of Emergency has now been declared for ALL 67 Alabama counties!

Sounds a bit premature, but given the parameters I guess it makes sense. At the very least it'll get people to take this situation seriously. Have they closed schools and businesses yet?

Actually,

Sounds a bit premature, but given the parameters I guess it makes sense. At the very least it'll get people to take this situation seriously. Have they closed schools and businesses yet?
The Governor(s) usually do this so that schools can close or let out early without having to make-up that day.

Mike Maze on WRAL just seemed like it wouldn't be that bad here on the news.

If that's what he said then that's a really stupid decision on his part, especially given what some modeling is showing. Brad P. may get a lot of criticism, especially when it comes to winter wx and being overly conservative at times, but he doesn't mess around when it comes to severe weather. As no met should. It's during these times I am thankful to be in the CLT market. Brad does an excellent job covering severe weather events. Not trying to diss WRAL and the mets, but come on.

Back