• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe March 14-18 severe potential.

Time for me to go to bed, good luck night owls, you'll probably have a significant tornado or two in Louisiana into south MS later tonight into very early tommorow morning.

Northward extent of instability for the second wave looks to be less now, probably due to the slowing qcls. Hm ?

1st wave in south Alabama continues to look more linear with each new HRRR run which is good.

Your greatest significant tornado chance will be in this corridor closest to the rain cooled air mass to the north Screenshot_20220318-045001-967.png

Like was mention yesterday, the southern extent threat is a legit threat. The 2nd wave more to the north just isn’t going to have what it needs to get going, just linear, if anything.

Good grief. Don't look at the HRRR for this afternoon. Multiple lone supercells across Alabama with strong rotation.

Mesoanalysis throughout the afternoon will be big. Very fluid and dangerous situation possible for this afternoon. Screenshot_20220318-065342-014.pngScreenshot_20220318-065251.png

FFC is a little more aggressive with the severe weather threat in regards to Georgia than I was expecting.

You may have a mini tornado outbreak given conditions line up here in central Alabama. It's conditional on how fast the atmosphere recovers though

11z hrrr run has 3000+, sbcape now pushing into central Alabama this afternoon
That's pretty darn ripe.

Like was mention yesterday, the southern extent threat is a legit threat. The 2nd wave more to the north just isn’t going to have what it needs to get going, just linear, if anything.
Instability is definitely a concern to the north, but storm mode is not until right along the front. Upper level wind flow is screaming discrete Supercells.

Biggest lightning strike I’ve ever seen next to my window. Any rotation yet?

Hey anybody in bham is the sky tinted green where you are at? It is here in homewood

Back