• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe March 14-18 severe potential.

Newest HRRR run is pretty bullish on discreet convection this afternoon.

Well, For southwest Bama, I think we busted. Schools were out when they really could have went TBH. News hyped this tornado threat all day yesterday where it did nothing. I’m very thankful
Got lucky with this one. Next Tuesdays event we might not be.

33/40 completely removed tornado wording from their midday update.
NWS Birmingham essentially did the same when they did their update around 9:30 CT this morning dropping the slight risk. Their graphic just says isolated damaging wind gusts to 60mph and quarter size hail. No mention of tornadoes on the graphic.

image6.png

Lol I didn't do doomsday for this event. Are you going to quote nothing burger incoming and then change your mind saying it's a legit threat? ? I'll do doomsday outlooks if you do that ?
This was absolutely a nothing burger.....hence the removal of all mention of tornados in central and north Alabama. The South Alabama threat was legit, and it was pretty much nothing as well. I said exactly what would happen for 2 days, and it did. Could I have been wrong, absolutely, but it seemed pretty clear for the last 18 hours that the HRRR was off its rocker. Better luck next time ;)

This was absolutely a nothing burger.....hence the removal of all mention of tornados in central and north Alabama. The South Alabama threat was legit, and it was pretty much nothing as well. I said exactly what would happen for 2 days, and it did. Could I have been wrong, absolutely, but it seemed pretty clear for the last 18 hours that the HRRR was off its rocker. Better luck next time ;)
Y'all try not to be so salty with eachother please. I think those who contribute to a good service to folks and knowing the upper end of a threat per se is not necessarily a bad thing either. A good blend seems to be the best way to play it but all info is good for digesting in my book.

Back