• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe March 14-18 severe potential.

Instability is definitely a concern to the north, but storm mode is not until right along the front. Upper level wind flow is screaming discrete Supercells.
True...I just dont see the rebound. We've seen this setup before and it rarely recovers. I will be surprised if it does, but I have been surprised many times before. We shall see.

There’s a noticeable lack of 3-6km storm relative winds today on Hodographs where there’s better instability (farther north the better), which might mess with storm evolutions today and cause a lack of ventilation from mesocyclones and the forward flank vault region in supercells today, could be a limiting factor, poor kinematics/good thermos sort of day, might be a couple of tornadoes with large hail and damaging winds the main threat given dry air aloft, kinda screams RFD dominant supercells sort of day A2E55471-F2D2-4B00-B431-2669F1052C3F.png06F216EB-AE77-40B9-876E-C5B6D4D962FA.png

There’s a noticeable lack of 3-6km storm relative winds today on Hodographs where there’s better instability (farther north the better), which might mess with storm evolutions today and cause a lack of ventilation from mesocyclones and the forward flank vault region in supercells today, could be a limiting factor, poor kinematics/good thermos sort of day, might be a couple of tornadoes with large hail and damaging winds the main threat given dry air aloft, kinda screams RFD dominant supercells sort of day View attachment 115842View attachment 115843
Today really reminds me of a day last Spring. Had a good bit of nice supercells that afternoon across south AL yet limited tornadoes due to the unidirectional flow. I think there were some nice hail reports though.

4 tornado warnings now. You may have potential here for a significant tornado soon.

Back