• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe March 14-18 severe potential.

Gonna be honest, if the Euro is correct, the Enhanced area needs to be brought up to at least Montgomery for the morning round.

Actually has a strong cell ride the warm front from Montgomery to Columbus that may cause serious problems.

Gonna be honest, if the Euro is correct, the Enhanced area needs to be brought up to at least Montgomery for the morning round.

Actually has a strong cell ride the warm front from Montgomery to Columbus that may cause serious problems.
I’d definitely be concerned with a cell riding the cool side of the warm front. Seen it happen before.

Attachments

• AA4108EA-3C35-4739-8C86-AC1515A62EC2.jpeg
    AA4108EA-3C35-4739-8C86-AC1515A62EC2.jpeg
    698.9 KB · Views: 17
  • E30FDED3-82F0-4760-A647-A76B40998890.jpeg
    E30FDED3-82F0-4760-A647-A76B40998890.jpeg
    223.4 KB · Views: 17

I thought it was low to begin with when it was shown. Bham nws risk outline package may expand further up, but the nws spc should follow suite by the 00z outlook

Didn't even think to see if there was a thread about severe yesterday when I got excited about the hail.

There were a lot of storms yesterday in the evening/night here, one of the storms produced hail, and here is a picture:

275613672_3050548905261165_5544700194140004449_n.jpg

It was brief, then for a while, there was a blinding rainstorm.

Wow. Pockets of STP maxed out in north Alabama tommorow afternoon. With HRRR spitting out convective cells in northeastern quarter of Alabama.

Pockets of maxed out STP about 50-100 miles inland from the gulf shore for tommorow morning as well. Good grief. Either it will be a somewhat busy day tomorrow or a downright ugly one.

South AL looks like a legit risk. Very skeptical about the recovery of the atmosphere across the northern 2/3's of the state for the afternoon. I see it being a more linear cold front passage deal, with maybe some hail and an embedded rotation or two.

Looking like a broken line of supercells with tornadoes in south Alabama tommorow morning., Could a moderate be added for a small corridor tonight?

Could definetly see a PDS issued for that south Alabama south Mississippi region. with each new HRRR run it looks more omnious. STP close to maxed out for portions of south Alabama and Mississippi

Could definetly see a PDS issued for that south Alabama south Mississippi region. with each new HRRR run it looks more omnious. STP close to maxed out for portions of south Alabama and Mississippi
Don’t forget though, those numbers can be really skewed by convection. Try to find a convection free zone to see the true amount.

Don’t forget though, those numbers can be really skewed by convection. Try to find a convection free zone to see the true amount.
The convection free areas are still around 7+ would like to check the EHI. easier to discern environment with that parameter but my favorite forecast website doesn't have ehi on the HRRR lol

Back