• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Milton

12Z main global runs:

Icon: Tampa Wed night (a bit N of 6Z/0Z’s Sarasota) vs 6Z’s Wed night/0Z’s Wed afternoon

CMC: Sarasota Thu AM (>24 hrs sooner than 0Z’s Fri AM)(N of 0Z’s Pt Charlotte)

JMA: Sarasota Thu AM (similar location and later than yesterday’s 12Z’s Wed evening

GFS: Port Richey (25 miles N of Tampa) Wed night (slightly S of 6Z’s Hudson and S of 0Z’s just N of Crystal River)

UKMET: Bradenton, MUCH further N of 0Z’s Naples and stronger; late Wed evening (later than 0Z’s Wed afternoon)

Euro: Tampa Wed night, near 6Z and just barely N of 0Z’s Bradenton; earlier than 6Z’s Thu morning but a little later than 0Z’s Wed evening

*So, 12Z has much smaller range than 0Z from 25 miles N of Tampa (Port Richey) to 50 miles S of Tampa (Sarasota)..so only 75 miles vs 0Z’s range of 200 miles

*From N to S 12Z: GFS, Icon/Euro, UKMET, CMC/JMA

*Timing of 12Z: ranges from late Wed evening to Thu morning
Hwrf 12z Thursday.....south of cedar key, for many times. Best case of them all from a people standpoint, but devastating.
HMON 06z Thursday.....well you can see.

hwrf_mslp_wind_14L_25.png

hmon_mslp_wind_14L_23.png

The fact wilma was 882 with a 2 mile wide eye. I think he gets down to 900-905 easily but reistically speaking sub 900 is almost unheard let alone sub 890
Ok. Didn’t know if you were basing that off of data, storm structure, environment, etc….or just more of an “odds are it won’t because it’s unheard of”.

Ok. Didn’t know if you were basing that off of data, storm structure, environment, etc….or just more of an “odds are it won’t because it’s unheard of”.
If he was more stationary over a deep pocket of hot water I'd say this would be one to test Wilma. Don't think he gets that low based on how anomalous she really was.

Doesn't change the fact Milton is an absolute monster in his own right

The fact wilma was 882 with a 2 mile wide eye. I think he gets down to 900-905 easily but reistically speaking sub 900 is almost unheard let alone sub 890

I don’t think it challenges Wilma, but dang looking at the still cooling cloud tops, sub-900mb is possible.

Back