• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Laura

My observations are my own. I can only go by what my education has taught me.

3e134115916f1ba233cb7519cb60c0fc.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marco will not cause any significant upwelling over that region unless it sits there for weeks. That loop current pumps in warm water constantly.

Marco will not cause any significant upwelling over that region unless it sits there for weeks. That loop current pumps in warm water constantly.

That is one thing that I didn’t consider was the speed of the system (Marco). I stand corrected. Fresh out of class lacking experience. Some of you old timers help me out there.

I wonder if we end up with a follow the leader as Marco weakens the western edge of the WAR enough to bring Laura more north.

Could Marco create a stirring current for Laura seems like a wait and see

I've never seen models struggle this much with hurricanes. The spaghetti plots for this system are STILL all over the place and don't get me started on the strength of this system on the models. If this is a precursor to what winter will entail, I may seriously not even bother with looking at modeling. We will literally drive ourselves crazy, even more so than years prior.

Last edited:
I just read where this is first time to ever have 2 hurricanes in the GOM at same time if happens. So we are in uncharted waters as to how this all plays out. These models will probably will have numbers of solutions because they have never had to run this type of scenarios. How the heck does any model understand what could happen. 2020 sure wants to be remembered and that’s not in a good way.

The Gulf is a bathtub right now, so it only makes sense. I am not really buying into these weaker solutions. No way does this thing remains a weak hurricane or TS in open Gulf waters.

I've been saying from the start can't rule it out verifying it hasnt backed down

We all know intensity is always the hardest to predict

The Gulf is a bathtub right now, so it only makes sense. I am not really buying into these weaker solutions. No way does this thing remains a weak hurricane or TS in open Gulf waters.
Now what I'm curious about is the interaction with Marco. Marco has the chance to bomb out in the next 24 hours and has no chance at heavy land interaction until it hits the US. The whole idea of Laura shearing Marco down feels wrong but then again I haven't looked into what dominates with Fujiwara, whether it be storm intensity, size, or location.

Okay... do you care to back that prediction up or are you just making a guess?
Just dont think the physics of the situation makes sense. If marco goes into LA then i dont see how Laura does the same. We will see, but i think hurricanes always leave a trof behind and if Laura were to get to the fla straits it would hook quickly ne.

Back