• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 2)

Could this thing continue to shift more west after landfall enough to get even western Georgia out of concern or is Irma just so big we will still get some rain/wind. I live in Paulding county about 30 miles from Alabama line

Could this thing continue to shift more west after landfall enough to get even western Georgia out of concern or is Irma just so big we will still get some rain/wind. I live in Paulding county about 30 miles from Alabama line
You (and I) will have impacts, She is just too big for us not to have effects (Wind, Tornado risk, flash flood risk)

Does anyone have a map of potential power outages from Irma? Trying to get family members up in N AL to take this serious. Saw a lady at walmart yesterday buying six 5 gallon gas cans and 5 cases of water...

Key West NWS Gust to 89 mph
Does anyone have a map of potential power outages from Irma? Trying to get family members up in N AL to take this serious. Saw a lady at walmart yesterday buying six 5 gallon gas cans and 5 cases of water...
It s on the IRMA page
southernwx.com/irma

My brother lives in Ft. Lauderdale and I text with him briefly and he said it's rockin down there right now. Little sleep due to all of the tornado warnings thru the night but overall he said everything is fairing pretty well.

I see that type of stuff at Walmart every time I go. ;) Seriously though, I don't expect it to get that bad here. The TS watch may be out of an abundance of caution. Looks like we have a <10% chance of outages due to Irma.

I see that type of stuff at Walmart every time I go. ;) Seriously though, I don't expect it to get that bad here. The TS watch may be out of an abundance of caution. Looks like we have a <10% chance of outages due to Irma.

I agree. I don't think that we will have widespread outages here either. I am hoping anyways. It's odd to be under a TS warning inland though. The first time in my lifetime.

I agree with you...however in an area where they close schools due to the "threat" of bad weather, it sure brings all the crazies out. Wouldn't surprise me if this morning people start making runs to Lowe's and gas stations

I agree with you...however in an area where they close schools due to the "threat" of bad weather, it sure brings all the crazies out. Wouldn't surprise me if this morning people start making runs to Lowe's and gas stations

One station locally here was out of gas yesterday. I'm not sure why. It could have been related to Harvey or something. I found that crazy though.

I remember when Katrina came through it was breezy enough to start blowing transformers up here. Hopefully that wont be the case this go around.

I remember when Katrina came through it was breezy enough to start blowing transformers up here. Hopefully that wont be the case this go around.
Wow, I don't remember that at all. Perhaps you're confusing that with one our MANY tornado outbreaks.

Wow, I don't remember that at all. Perhaps you're confusing that with one our MANY tornado outbreaks.
I was working nightshift at Browns Ferry and driving back to Killen at 3:00 am when I got I had one blow in Elgin Cross Roads...scary how bright the flash is when they go.

Back