• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 2)

I also found it interesting some of the wording for my town when I click on details about the TS Warning. It says " To be safe, prepare for the potential of limited wind impacts". Does anyone else find that wording a bit strange ?

I also found it interesting some of the wording for my town when I click on details about the TS Warning. It says " To be safe, prepare for the potential of limited wind impacts". Does anyone else find that wording a bit strange ?
Yeah...sounds like more of a CYA from the weather service...not quite sure if they have the inland wind impacts nailed down yet.

To be fair the US has never had two Cat 4 landfalls in a season from the Atlantic

so why start now lmao
Should be a reminder to us all that the GFS grossly over strengthens tropical systems . Even yesterday it still had a sub 900mb yet here we sit with above 930, 30knt shear and an open eye wall

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Its a good thing for the US that there are several barriers in the way of most hurricanes, including Cuba, Haiti, etc. Can you imagine how many cat 4/5 hurricanes would hit the US if those countries didnt exist ?

Should be a reminder to us all that the GFS grossly over strengthens tropical systems . Even yesterday it still had a sub 900mb yet here we sit with above 930, 30knt shear and an open eye wall

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk
south eye wall looks awful.

No doubt it's landfall. Hope you are seeing this too NHC.
codnexlab.NEXRAD.BYX.N0Q.20170910.1314.048ani.gif

Back