• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 2)

f9e34ddd5c9522415acedab3a58457f6ce371183bbe961d1b55af1ba643b7aa8.gif

Power back - who knows - 5 minutes? Anyone want to shoot a N FL boy an update and outlook before we're off grid again?

Power back - who knows - 5 minutes? Anyone want to shoot a N FL boy an update and outlook before we're off grid again?
I would Phil but haven't been on here too much this morning, looks like it's still on track making another landfall on Marco Island, headed towards Naples.... Glad your powers back on but by the look of things not for long unfortunately. Oh yeah numerous Tor warnings along east coast too, she means business, stay safe friend!

At 300 PM EDT, Doppler radar indicated the center of Hurricane
Irma was near Marco Island. Flash flooding from life-threatening
storm surge is expected to begin shortly along coastal Collier
County.

This is a FLASH FLOOD EMERGENCY for Collier County. This is a
PARTICULARLY DANGEROUS SITUATION. EVACUATE VERTICALLY NOW!

At 300 PM EDT, Doppler radar indicated the center of Hurricane
Irma was near Marco Island. Flash flooding from life-threatening
storm surge is expected to begin shortly along coastal Collier
County.

This is a FLASH FLOOD EMERGENCY for Collier County. This is a
PARTICULARLY DANGEROUS SITUATION. EVACUATE VERTICALLY NOW!
They are coming up to high tide but Irmas not letting it in, still over a foot below MLLW. As soon as the center passes the surge is going to pile in along with the tide being held out. Could get nuts.
https://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/stationhome.html?id=8725110#obs

I would Phil but haven't been on here too much this morning, looks like it's still on track making another landfall on Marco Island, headed towards Naples.... Glad your powers back on but by the look of things not for long unfortunately. Oh yeah numerous Tor warnings along east coast too, she means business, stay safe friend!
Thanks! ... been off and on - mostly off - since 10:00 - the closer she comes the less likelihood of getting it back for a few days ... will report from the far southern command outpost as conditions warrant and electricity permits (phone is not being used for weather!)

..CENTER OF HURRICANE IRMA MAKES LANDFALL AT MARCO ISLAND...

The center of Hurricane Irma made landfall in Marco Island in
southwest Florida at 3:35 pm EDT as a Category 3 hurricane.
A 130 mph wind gust was recently reported by the Marco Island Police
Department.

Last flight?

AF307 Mission #31 into IRMA
Type: Unknown | Status: En Route

As of 19:37 UTC Sep 10, 2017:
Aircraft Position: 28.27°N 86.28°W
Bearing: 124° at 398 kt
Altitude: 7363 gpm
Peak 10-second Wind: 24 kt at 327°
Extrapolated Sea-level Pressure: N/A

Thanks! ... been off and on - mostly off - since 10:00 - the closer she comes the less likelihood of getting it back for a few days ... will report from the far southern command outpost as conditions warrant and electricity permits (phone is not being used for weather!)
Keep your ears perked for spinners. As fast as they move about all you can do is listen,duck and cover! Think Irma's going to be dishing them out like beads at Mardi Gras.

Mike Seidel on TWC in the eye, just N of Marco Island, about to get wrecked! Live now

So the nwsbin Austin Texas took over for the NWS in key West lol

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

So the nwsbin Austin Texas took over for the NWS in key West lol

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

haha yeah my friend at the NWS Brownsville said they're on standby to backup Miami if needed

Weird to say the least but when all your usual backups are in Florida

Back