• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 2)

Hang on to your hats
3d0b5b052e1308a8691bb0b40f57dc5c.jpg
f415887305d46d2fb2d4811ca9c30336.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk
That’s been very consistent as well. 80mph+ winds gusts possible. Ouch

I know should probably be in the severe section but those storms off the east coast are starting to look like some really good isolated curved super cells. Don't see that often in tropical systems. A lot of lightning with them also.

I know should probably be in the severe section but those storms off the east coast are starting to look like some really good isolated curved super cells. Don't see that often in tropical systems. A lot of lightning with them also.
And Melbourne just issued a 50 mile wide tornado warning for them.

I think what should get people's attention is 50knts is a severe thunderstorm warning criteria. Ten to twelve hours of that would be bad enough.

Thought 50knts was 65mph? And does the model really show 10-12 hours of that over the area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know a few thousand feet up but still this right over Marco Island, taking a beating right now
4b0decf6e0a76125676e098758be870b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I think what should get people's attention is 50knts is a severe thunderstorm warning criteria. Ten to twelve hours of that would be bad enough.
That right there. The euro is showing 50+ for almost 12 hours and a 6-8 hr winds of 75+

Thought 50knts was 65mph? And does the model really show 10-12 hours of that over the area?

Yes sir. Over GA there is about a solid 8-12 hour window with half that time show 80+ mph

Yes sir. Over GA there is about a solid 8-12 hour window with half that time show 80+ mph

Last question so I'm assuming the storm is slowing or will slow down? Didn't last over the keys for that long

Back