• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
taken verbatim would be the strongest hurricane landfall ever that far north, never been above a Cat 3 north of the SC/NC border

taken verbatim would be the strongest hurricane landfall ever that far north, never been above a Cat 3 north of the SC/NC border
Hazel was the closest I believe, Cat 4 at landfall but just south of the border by a few miles

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

How can that trough dissipate so fast and wouldn't it leave some dry air behind to get entrained?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

00z eps with another SW shift. Still plenty that miss and turn offshore but no doubt a SW shift as a whole
8de5aea803665a73309e23b4e68254ab.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Irma is diving SW currently, already below the Lat of PR and still trucking. I bet we have another south and west shift at 12z.

Looks like the 6z GEFS slide south again as well.
Many members drive deep into the southeast
d950c0448b6ae9ec4586aafa89d53f53.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

How can that trough dissipate so fast and wouldn't it leave some dry air behind to get entrained?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The trough leaves early because it's positively tilted & thus gets sheared out more quickly because its depositing momentum into the mid latitude jet at its own expense...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back