• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said, it looks just like yesterday's run. This was yesterday.
11_L_gefs_latest.png
See you guys in December when my power is back

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

What you mean??

What I'm essentially saying here regarding the GFS Ensemble's under dispersion bias is that they tend to produce solutions that are too similar not only to one another but also the operational model. Not to mention, with a lower number of members (20) than the ECMWF (50+ control), this often means the spread in this ensemble suite is likely too small and therefore is susceptible to more run-to-run variability...

What I'm essentially saying here regarding the GFS Ensemble's under dispersion bias is that they tend to produce solutions that are too similar not only to one another but also the operational model. Not to mention, with a lower number of members (20) than the ECMWF (50+ control), this often means the spread in this ensemble suite is likely too small and therefore is susceptible to more run-to-run variability...

Are the current GEFS members run on the newest version of the operational GFS? Logic would say so but I vaguely recall there being a lag for past op GFS upgrades.

Really starting to worry about this. Seems less likely that it will go out to sea, and a lot of the model tracks having it hitting NC as a major hurricane, and some with a Fran like track.

Really starting to worry about this. Seems less likely that it will go out to sea, and a lot of the model tracks having it hitting NC as a major hurricane, and some with a Fran like track.
Less likely ?? Way too early for Iikely or less likely track ideas

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

It's still 8 days away and the Euro was OTS at 12z...

I'm still giving it another day or two before sounding too many alarms

I will agree there are a lot of reasons to be disturbed but its not like its guaranteed to even remotely verify

Less likely ?? Way too early for Iikely or less likely track ideas

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Lol. You've use the terminology yourself. In example, "less likely it'll go into the Gulf".

Last edited:
And now I really wish I had gone to the OBX this summer. Now the kids are in school and have flag football games every Saturday until the end of October. Already sad we didn't get to go this summer, and I am going to be really upset if Irma wrecks it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back