• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my break down map of Irma. Remember, the cone does not represent the size of Irma.
827090cf2c8b297d08221188bcb72fb2.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

NHC keeps Irma at 95 knots at the 11pm advisory. The day 4-5 cone once again was nudged southwestward...

"Tonight's NHC forecast was adjusted a just little to the south of the previous one due to another small shift of the guidance envelope."

And now I really wish I had gone to the OBX this summer. Now the kids are in school and have flag football games every Saturday until the end of October. Already sad we didn't get to go this summer, and I am going to be really upset if Irma wrecks it.
Lol! Flag Football! :(

Here is my break down map of Irma. Remember, the cone does not represent the size of Irma.
827090cf2c8b297d08221188bcb72fb2.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk
I don't think you quite understand where Irma is right now. Your map puts it 3 days ahead, and also it seems way too small. The map should have the cone much further back by almost 1000 miles and also much, much larger. Also, your statistic is just stated, it isn't backed up by anything else. You could claim the ever fluctuating models or claim analogs and the current setup.

Lol! Flag Football! :(
What's wrong with elementary age kids playing flag football? And one of them is my daughter in 2nd grade. Besides, their games today were better than the Carolina game, and I'm a Carolina fan.

The NHC
forecast, which in fact is similar to the previous one, continues to
be a blend of the statistical models and the explosive strengthening
shown by the regional hurricane and global models.

they actually mention vaguely the really insane models lol

So this deep layer ridge steering it now, the longer it hangs around and the further west it goes it’s gonna take a super trof to kick this OTS

What's wrong with elementary age kids playing flag football? And one of them is my daughter in 2nd grade. Besides, their games today were better than the Carolina game, and I'm a Carolina fan.
Yeah, the Carolina game today, looked like a bad flag football game. Flag football just doesn't even closely relate to real football, and my child played 1 year, and was worse off for it, IMO! In SC you can play tackle football, starting as young as 6

IMO, trough strength has been modeled too strong and or deep, the whole summer! Numerous times, they have been forecasted to clear my area and usher in " cooler" dryer air, a lot of them never made it this far south, just a tidbit of thought on the trough in question

I don't think you quite understand where Irma is right now. Your map puts it 3 days ahead, and also it seems way too small. The map should have the cone much further back by almost 1000 miles and also much, much larger. Also, your statistic is just stated, it isn't backed up by anything else. You could claim the ever fluctuating models or claim analogs and the current setup.
I do understand of where Irma is. Correct, my map is 3 days ahead, it's an extended outlook. The cone starts out small, cause the center of Irma is likely to be in that area of the Antilles. The cone becomes more wide due to uncertainty of where the center of Irma may go. I think it's clear enough that, Irma will likely go between the east coast and Bermuda. Irma may lean towards Bermuda more, or it could possibly lean more towards the east coast, it all depends on the ridge and the trough.

I promise Irma is getting closer to the islands each run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back