• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't even say that either... It's influential but exactly to what degree in how you quantify that you didn't specify and you need to realize there are a lot of two way interactions that reverberate throughout the synoptic and planetary scale (for example Sanvu in the western Pacific influencing weather halfway around the globe in just a few days through Rossby wave dispersion) so limiting its influence to 1000 miles is very restrictive
I understand that typhoon Sanvu is influencing the pattern. What I'm saying is Irma, as whole, is influencing within 1000 miles. Not 1000 miles within the pattern.

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk

Map via Allan Huffman all major 12z models and ens. Lean towards offshore and strangely gom getting some love too....just a little spread
3a5cb2f92f9c01d139251b648c784d13.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Map via Allan Huffman all major 12z models and ens. Lean towards offshore and strangely gom getting some love too....just a little spread
3a5cb2f92f9c01d139251b648c784d13.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Seems the spread is getting worse instead of better. I thought the models did better with tropical systems than winter storm systems aroind here.

We're all guilty to some degree about making statements of how a model run will end prior to it's ending, some speculation I think is fine again we all do it to some degree but I think we need to start curbing the statements with such finality and honestly reducing those comments altogether.... just my opinion.

The anticyclonic wave break over southern Canada looks more impressive this run and the door to the NE closes up a bit vs the last run, but until we get inside day 5-6 the mid latitude longwave pattern is going to be very complex...
Regardless of how this run ends read Eric's comments here and take a moment to watch Levi Cowan's video upper level pattern complex to say the least..... anything possible after 5 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back