• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way we are having Warren Madden on the live show soon . He coordinates the hurricane hunters flight plans and schedules . That will be an interesting show for sure

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk
That guys a pimp!! Is he still on TWC too!?

Gonna be lots of offshore members this run of the eps
14d40d02f4f2e6439b239e063bb707df.jpg

6d5ee184cd738a8605a02e8818e27215.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

We've seen the models in winter hold stead fast onto wrong solutions! Lot to work out!

I heard that Irma is 1,000 miles in diameter. Even if Irma ends up off shore, the coastal area's will still receive Irma's impacts. That's only if it holds it's wide diameter and if it's just offshore like what we're seeing.

Edit: Irma's influence is 1,000 miles in diameter.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

I heard that Irma is 1,000 miles in diameter. Even if Irma ends up off shore, the coastal area's will still receive Irma's impacts. That's only if it holds it's wide diameter and if it's just offshore like what we're seeing.

It's not going to be a 1,000 miles in diameter and maintain tropical characteristics...

The anticyclonic wave break over southern Canada looks more impressive this run and the door to the NE closes up a bit vs the last run, but until we get inside day 5-6 the mid latitude longwave pattern is going to be very complex...
output_GuN3Wk.gif

I had been thinking of raising the chance in my mind at a US landfall from 25%, but the 12Z Euro/EPS are telling me to hold on for now.

Another thing to keep in mind is the recent bias of too strong of an eastern ridge and the opposite in the west for the GEFS...perhaps this means higher chance for recurve than what GEFS has been showing??

http://www.cpc.noaa.gov/products/fcst_eval/html/zwk2_bias.html

The influence between the ridge and the trough would eventually change the heading. If there wasn't going to be a trough and just the ridge building west, Irma would have a better chance at coming further on shore of the EC or even the GOM.

I edited it, Irma's influence is 1000 miles in diameter.

I wouldn't even say that either... It's influential but exactly to what degree in how you quantify that you didn't specify and you need to realize there are a lot of two way interactions that reverberate throughout the synoptic and planetary scale (for example Sanvu in the western Pacific influencing weather halfway around the globe in just a few days through Rossby wave dispersion) so limiting its influence to 1000 miles is very restrictive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back