• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder where Jose ends up? Same building HP should send it west till a trough comes down

CMC moving NW day 7
664093f91c70d1329946fe5564bed3af.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

00z CMC took the route Webber talked about two days ago that weakens the storm allowing for a further west track

Let's keep in mind this run of the CMC is an extreme western outlier. Even the ensemble members that make the gulf are not this far west

Irma could go in the Gulf, it might end up being on of those last minute things that Irma may do.

Eh, I'm not sure I would call any scenario that allows Irma to reemerge out in open water a best case scenario in the case of the 00z Canadian. Granted, we wouldn't be talking about a Cat. 5 monster, but who knows for certain what Irma has the potential to do in the GOM if the environment/conditions are favorable enough for re-organization. Even moreso if Irma's core isn't completely disrupted crossing Cuba.
Case in point: Harvey. It went from a tropical wave to a Cat. 4 hurricane within 48hrs in the GOM.

That's just my two cents though.

if Irma is a Cat 5 or near it for the Leewards(which it has a real shot at this point) those sub 900 pressures in the Florida Straits may not be unrealistic

I have a met friend who messaged me earlier saying Keys 1935 could be challenged(892 mb, strongest US landfall on record)...same area too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back