• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
this thing may be near Cat 5 for the Leewards at this point, still strengthening per recon

and the environment only gets more favorable further west

It's just a beast and going to be bearing down on the islands very soon
000b7042a9bff0d05e8aef6249dd36ea.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I can't even imagine what it's going to look like approaching the Florida Straits at this point if the models are right about the upper level setup

Dang. This thing better start gaining altitude if it is going to pass 17 degrees north before 60W like so many tropical models forecast.

looks very similar to the 18z see no reason it won't be into S FL again
Yup, 0z does have Irma a tick south vs it's 18z run but by very little. It's pretty much the same, no major changes (not as of yet)

And another possible coming off shore.
Basically we've got a conveyor belt of tropical systems in the Atlantic right now. I realize we're coming into peak of hurricane season, but I can't imagine six more weeks of THIS!

You got spare room ... LOL
Phil, if you were to ride up into here right underneath the eye, I bet you'd have some stories to tell in your old age, lol. Looks like a clear shot right into the mountains :) It'd be like surfin' only with a car, and low, low visibility, with driving wind. T

Basically we've got a conveyor belt of tropical systems in the Atlantic right now. I realize we're coming into peak of hurricane season, but I can't imagine six more weeks of THIS!
Yep, the Saharan air layer is my favorite map in these times. Wondering about at least two impulses over the desert. This could be a year to remember, and for all the wrong reasons :)

Yep, the Saharan air layer is my favorite map in these times. Wondering about at least two impulses over the desert. This could be a year to remember, and for all the wrong reasons :)

It's like 2005 all over again hurricane wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back