• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looks like thr NHC thinks it's going in the Gulf. It would have to go straight north based on that track once it gets between Cuba and Florida to not get in the Gulf.

I keep saying - wait 48 before ringing the bells ...
But Good Lord, FWIW, if anything close to this were to occur, JAX would be a lost city for a while ...

euro-highprob-sep4.png

I've got a torn rotator cuff...can I use my croquet mallet?? I can sure putt better with it, but my drives are kind of short, lol, so it equals out. T
I wish this was a gigantic snow/ice storm instead of a hurricane. TRUE WEENIE HERE

Just playing the "supposin'" game here - if she came in to S FL as a 5 and ran the peninsula, and was feeding off of the Atl or Gulf, she'd likely still be a 1 or 2 going into S GA or back into the Atl ...
This is serious stuff, folks ... but still a very long ways out ... so no need to ring any alarm bells at this time ... :confused:
I've had 100 mph gust from land falls in the pan handle, so even less powerful ones can cause damage here, if they pull roofing tin off your shed and throw it thru your bathroom window :) But it's the tornadoes I don't like...little 0's and 1s can bite real hard, and that year we had three hurricanes come up out of Fla they spun them up like a cotton candy machine. T

I'll never forget Hurricane Opal and i'll never forget Jim Cantore saying "Birmingham and Atlanta, this is your storm too". I was just a kid at the time but it was so exciting. We were out of school for at least 3 days.

Putting this slap dab right in the middle of the discussion -

Y'all are getting a lot of info and seeming entertainment from this.

How's about taking 30 painless seconds, going up to the top of the page, and Donating $5, or $10?

:cool:

Last edited:
I wish this was a gigantic snow/ice storm instead of a hurricane. TRUE WEENIE HERE
Oh, man, I keep holding out hope, and will until it's time for my dirt nap :)
This is a dangerous storm though, and it's track so far says it likes me...not feeling real secure...since it's not very cold :)

Another Question I have is Once this storm get inland into the Carolinas do it moves quickly out or slow down??
A couple of Goofy runs had it cutting off in the SE, and the 12z had it doing a dance for the ne..so who knows? They usually like to high tail it out of here, but these ain't normal times when you get something like Harvey. T

I'll never forget Hurricane Opal and i'll never forget Jim Cantore saying "Birmingham and Atlanta, this is your storm too". I was just a kid at the time but it was so exciting. We were out of school for at least 3 days.
Was not here but heard Opal did lots of damage to this area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back