• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too early to be declaring anything. If the shortwave goes bye bye, an Ike like track is VERY much on the table.
From what I can see, no models even hint at this. But Levi raised my eyebrow saying how hard that feature was to predict. Very concerning comment for my neck of the woods. Esp since no models actually show the feature dissipating. Hopefully I'm paranoid (I mean, vigilant) for nothing.

An ERC is usually a good thing but wasn't Irma strengthening anyway this morning despite it or just staying pat?

While Irma hasn't intensified much the past few hours, Irma's outer eyewall has already become more dominant and is slowly choking off the inner one. We're probably going to see a substantial intensification boost once this is complete given the environment it's heading into
recon_AF309-0311A-IRMA_timeseries.png

Lots of NW inland tracks after landfall on the 12z gefs
gfs-ememb_lowlocs_us_29.png

That's coming from Levi too. That makes it even more scary. I can see where he is coming from about the shortwave. If that goes poof, we will see a Gulf storm, no doubt. However, if it is a monster it should pull north... into Florida or Louisiana before it can make it to Texas due to pure intensity .

Yeah the first s/w is the exit by sea s/w. That door is closing. The second one is the ULL s/w that will capture and tug it NE then NW or something like that unto shore. We know how hard it is predict a strong ULL, much less a weak diffuse one.

I deleted the post I put about the live feed of chasers in boat. Apparently I fell for a gimmick, the feed was actually a video that was over 4 yrs old. I'm better off not posting and keep to just watching lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back