• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Euro, digs the trough a little deeper compared to the GFS, so it just misses Miami.

It never makes landfall in FL. Finally makes landfall right around Myrtle Beach, SC as a 946 (approaches as a 936) and heads up into NC.

Looks like we might finally be narrowing a possible area down between Florida and NC/VA border. At least it's better than nothing! I expect to see a better cluster on the EPS again tonight through day 4.

I can definitely say that the OP Euro from tonight looks pretty good pressure wise, (the slight rise at landfall approach) and general location. No insanely low pressures.. likely a strong Cat 3-4... I think we are getting close to finally figuring out this likely won't go out to sea easily, and we'll likely have a hit somewhere in the SE.

EPS trying to remove the Gulf threat. Actually quite different versus 12z. My liquored up self sees two camps.. a cluster to FL and a cluster right OTS/OBX brush. Middle ground, OP Euro still looks good. Narrowing this deal down, finally.

okayt.png

Morning folks, im still at work LOL!! Gfs doing its west thing again

I know theres some folks here who set there alarms this am to watch this but not saying anything LOL!!

Only difference on 6z GFS is it's further south for Cuba landfall and further west on Florida landfall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back